Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Unstuffed

Hay therrre (:
So this is the second time I'll be putting up a post the day after I meant to. And my blog is only a week old. I'm sooo #responsible. (SO for reference -- when I say "today" in this post, I mean Monday.

Really, this just didn't go up last night because I got home late from work and didn't feel like doing much -- a downside to working evenings! But at the same time, working mornings makes me feel like I lose my whole day to work! I'm just lucky that I love my job as much as I do! Otherwise.... well, Saturday mornings would reduce me to tears. Not that I'm dramatic. Or anything like that.

Back to Monday... Senior Search was relatively uneventful! So strange to expect calamity, isn't it? That's preschoolers for ya! I actually spent most of the morning running around taking pictures! I'm on yearbook staff + we don't have yearbook photos for some of the kids in the Montessori. Today I only knocked out about half the kids on my list so I still have some work to do! 

Of COURSE I had to eat something before I started with the witttle babies! My day started with the orange+vanilla rooibos (addicccteedd) and pumpkin protein pudding from Gabriela!
Made with the usual, but I was a litttttle heavy handed with the peanut butter (; Oh well, I guess I'll survive somehow. (/Dramatic.) Also, I know that it's summer and all, but I still love me some pumpkin! Clearly my body just is dying to look tanner. Slash oranger (more orange? #grammarwhiz)

Also. I have decided that my rooibos tea is literally the perfect summer tea. It's got tons of flavor, but isn't overpowering and it kinda reminds me of an orange dreamsicle! (Do they still sell those?!)

[note from Tuesday: And now I'm craving an orange. Probs a little bit from the heat wave we've got in Cincinnatiii (: ]

I wasn't starving when I got home, so I took a couple minutes to do some bloggg readin! I saw Carrie's bowl of oats and instantly got the cravin! Pretty soon, I was in the kitch crack-a-lackin on my lunch! 
The result? Pure, warm, creamy bliss. I used 1/3c oat bran, 1 banana (3/4 whipped in, 1/4 for topping), 3T peanut flour, some vanilla+almond extracts, and topped it with TJ's superfruit spread, TJ's creamy peanut butter, coconut butter (YEEEESSS) and the aforementioned banana! Oh my lanta, this was so yum!

I had to head back to school around 3:15 to pick up my brother (we live super close) so I really just killed time with google reader, tv, & napping in the sun! I live a hard life. 

Today was a rest day, so my appetite wasn't that of a pregnant elephant as usual. But I made sure to grab a snack before I left for work. And it. Was. Epic. 
Oh yes. Banana soft-serve & a homemade Larabar! (Technically a homemade Katebar since I used Katelyn's recipe, but whattteva.) I can't believe I've never had either of these before!! Seriously, Gena wasn't kidding -- that banana soft serve changed my life. (I'm all about the dramatic today, I don't understand this.) I was so happy the entire time I was at work -- and I'm pretty sure it was like 97% because of this! 

Work was also really really good today! I was exhausted at the end, though -- which is why I was so thankful that I had leftovers from last night ready to go! 
"Unstuffed" Spaghetti Squash!
Buttttt then my impatience kicked in. I put the spaghetti squash half in the oven for 8 minutes (aka ETERNITY) and the vegetables at the very bottom were still cold! I immediately dumped the contents into a big bowl and microwaved them. Oh, and then topped it with Daiya (: Impatience brings about great great decisions, my friends. I was so hungry I couldn't even get an unblurry picture -- I dove right in! I almost finished it but I didn't want to be too full, ya know?

Just as I was climbing into bed, I got the most intense craving for a green monster! I love how my body craves nutrients like that now (: So I ran downstairs and fired up the blender... and promptly was yelled at because the blender was louder than the basketball game hahah.
Recycled picture. Because apparently I don't remember to use my camera for a good shot at 10:45. (And that's a late night for me. YEAAAAH party)

ANYWAYS I hope yall liked the Monday recap! I totally meant for it to go up last night. Guess nootttt (:

Have you made banana soft serve?!
I honestly don't want to wait to make it again. I'm dying.
Are you impatient?
Maybe I should do something about this. Ehhhh.
Should I make my rest days into yoga days?
I feel like it would be super productive... but I kinda like being lazy!
 
Samantha 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made banana soft serve yet, but I keep meaning too, it looks so good, and so simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, LOVE banana softserve; AND larabars!! The total homemade version like your snack sounds seriously BOMB...do you microwave your "kate"bars ever!? If you haven't, DO IT. That too, will change your life, (especially with coconut cream pie flavors!) I swear it tastes just like coconut creme pie!!! LOVE your blog btw girlie:)

    ReplyDelete