Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Flow-Tastic

Haaaay gangaroos! 


So what have yall done with your days? Cause thus far, mine has been niiiiice & lazy (: Just the way I like it! Lemme tell you, it was C-O-L-D in Cincinnati this morning! I was freeeeezing in yoga pants and a sweatshirt. Then again, I spent the morning with my preschool class walking around a park! It was fun to see the park with the kids, but I think we all could have done without the cold. One poor little girl couldn't even warm up on the bus ride home! She's the cutest thing ever though, I'm actually jealous of her eyelashes at age seventeen! Random tangent-- I have SUUUPER short eyelashes, but they're still longer & thicker than my mom's (her first words to my dad when I was born: "Oh thank GOD she got your eyelashes..."). They've gotten thicker & healthier since I started using Bare Escentuals Buxom Lashliner, and it's actually super easy to put on! I'll do a review post on this eventually (;


One of the preschoolers!
We decided just to eat lunch back at school instead of the picnic we had planned on because no one wanted to put up with the cold any more! Seriously Cincinnati, it's May. Please get your act together and GET WARRRM. Despite the chilliness of this morning's weather, I still had an overnight breakfast (: heheheh. And lemme tell ya, it was SO GOOD:
In the bowl (based off of Katelyn's Cookie Dough in a Bowl):
-1/3c oat bran
-1 scoop banana spirutein
-1/4c wheat bran
-1/3c rice milk
-1T unsalted creamy peanut butter
-topped with 5 sliced strawbs (yuuuummm)


Lemme tell ya, Katelyn is a genius for this combo. It was tasty & thick, but not so much like a Fitnessista Breakfast Cookie. Plus, cookie dough has always been more of my thing than the actual cookies (; Anywhizzle, this bowl kept me full throughout our frosty trek & made it much easier to tell the kids that we would be having lunch "super super soon!". (Which was kinda not true. But they started asking at 10 AM.) It was fun (for me, probably not for any of the moms) to see what parents were packing for their kids for lunch! I thought it was so cool to see how few kids were getting Cheetos and how many kids who were getting stuff like organic applesauce & carrot sticks! It shows that healthy eating is really starting to catch on! Lovin' itttt.


I had a pretty impressive spread for myself when I got home, plus all those kids with carrot sticks were making me crave some myself! I boiled some lentils for about 30 minutes, mashed em a little bit, and spread them onto two pieces of sprouted Ezekiel seven grain bread!
All the lentils didn't fit onto the sandwich, though, so I ate the rest on the side. Oh, and I stuck some spinach into the sandwich too, for some greeeeeens (: Strawbs & carrots on the side! After lunch, I was feeling a little antsy, so I decided to go out and do something. Since senior year is over (SENYAAAAS) I actually have free time now! I'm so not used to this, especially since I used to work Wednesday nights but my boss told me on Monday that the classes were small enough that I didn't need to come in! Anyways, the point is that I have free time now, which means I can read for fun again! Katelyn has talked a ton about The Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier (ps when I googled him I decided he was WAY attractive. Just saayin.) So I went out & bought it for myself!


So far, I like it a lot! I've only made it through the first chapter, cause I keep getting sidetracked. #TypicalSamantha. The idea of nutritional stress is really interesting though, I can't wait to read more! But, Hugh Jackman for the intro? Didn't see that one coming! 


Of course, reading all about nutrition stirred up my appetite to eat something Mr. Brazier would approve of! Enter my green monster of the day!
Thrive-Approved Green Monster:
-1c unsweetened rice milk (and now my box is empty, sucks.)
-1 banana
-1 scoop spirutein
-1 scoop chocolate greensuperfood from amazing grass (on sale at WF!)
-about half a box of spinach, this was no joke
-ice
-xanthan gum
-2 chia seeds
-topped with a scoop of peanut butter!


This bad boy was maaaasive! And thick, delicious, & tasty. After I finished this, I peaced out for a little to go watch my brother's lacrosse game! He's a sophomore at my school & is a starter on the team -- they're actually playing really well this year! What I think is so funny about lacrosse (or LAX) is the culture that goes along with it! All the preppy clothes, the flow, the chill bro life. Yes, Branford Winstonworth, I'm looking at you. "I mean, D1 is D1." Oh, but what's flow?
That would be flow -- the outrageously long hair on boys. My brother is a champ at growing it. (This is a picture of he & I at pre-prom, his practice let out just as we were finishing taking pictures!)


I left with about a quarter left in the game, cause my belly was grumbliiiin. Time for my dinner! And you know what? This Mom has the best dinner ideas. I had the Strawberry and Roasted Chickpea Salad from Mama Pea, and even with my modifications, it was darrrrn tasty (:
Spinach, strawbs, chickpeas, & almonds -- dressed in Annie's Lite Honey Mustard because I was too lazy to make my own --> why is this a trend in my life?!


I've got a date planned with the elliptical at my Mom's house in about thirty minutes, and Modern Family starts at 9! Oh, and everyone should watch Happy Endings which comes on at 10! I love that show (:


I'm gonna try to settle in with my book until it's ellipticizing time! Have a good night, dears!


Is lax popular where you live?
It's so huge here! Taking the city by storm (;
What's your favorite make-up product?
Mine's either the Buxom Lashliner I mentioned (which is supposed to help foster lash growth, and I think it kinda does!) or Bare Escentuals Warmth Face Color. It's like a super-easy super-pretty bronzer that is tough to mess up!
What's your favorite book?
I'm still looking for recommendations! I wanna read a ton before I leave for Clemson!


(:Samantha

4 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog a few days ago. Love it! Very impressed with how far you have come in your journey over the years (especially with how young you are!)

    Omg, your brother is a good looking lax bro! I'm a freshman at Dartmouth (from Canada) and the lax scene is sooooo huge here. I guess it's kind of similar to the hockey-guy-bro-thing back home.

    A book I would recommend is The Kind Diet and/or Skinny Bitch. Both fantastic and informative reads. Brendan's book a real eye-opener for sure too though...especially if you're a D-1 athlete (wheeuu)!

    Keep doing what you're doing and good luck with all the graduation celebrations in the next few weeks.

    :)

    Kensy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment kensy! i read skinny bitch about a month ago, it was actually what pushed me to become vegan! kind diet looks so good though! (: hahah oh my god i can't even imagine the east coast lax culture. it's so crazy up there! thanks for reading girrrrl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, we definitely had the same exact color prom dress; lovvve it! ps, I'm really confused, is your blog on blogspot or your other domain!? I don't know which one to comment on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah it's currently on wordpress (freshfitblog.wordpress.com) because i got too frustrated with blogger! it should stay where it is for the rest of the time (: i totally meant to do an "i moved" post... but i didn't.... #typical

    ReplyDelete