Friday, May 6, 2011

Three Weeks

Hey blog-a-linis! Happy Friday!


Personally, I'm pretty excited (: I know I don't have like, real school anymore -- just my Senior Search -- but the weekend just gives me such a good feeling! Even if I do have an extra three and a half hours of work tomorrow. Oh weellll. Anyways, I hope you guys are having a good Friday!
For me, Friday afternoons have always translated to some pretttty good TV watching! Vampire Diaries & Community -- my two favorite shows -- are on at 8 on Thursday nights, so I usually don't get to watch them until Friday (: But it's all totally worth is to see Ian Somerhalder. God I'm obsessed. 


Anyways, onto the activities of the day! 
Working with the little kiddies this morning was a total blast! It was a fairly easy day, save for a few tears from a four year old. My physics teacher from last year came to do a presentation for the kids and it was hilarious because I totally failed at making the experiment work when she explained it to us like adults... but when she explained it to preschoolers, it totally clicked for me. Sorry college, I'm gonna go to preschool next year instead. They get nap time. (:


Actually, get this: graduation weekend is only three weeks away! WHHHAAATTT?! I'm so freaked+excited+ready-ish at the same time!! Alumni induction is on Friday and then graduation mass is Sunday. At my school, we graduate in floor length white dresses, but I don't wanna show you guys a picture until the actual day! HAHAHHAAA secrecy. 


I also managed to squeeze in a workout into my suuuuper-unbusy day (: I love having these now! I got to sit outside & read The Thrive Diet for like ever! I'm loving it, by the way! It's super interesting and totally clears up a lot of the questions that I've had about veganism+healthy eating. Anyways, I hit up the ellipticizzile (sup making up words) for a really easy thirty minutes while I watched some of an episode of House! Since it was so nice, I also took my puuuuppyy for a quick twenty minute walk! I love sunshiiine


Now for some eeeaaaats!
I didn't post yesterday, and I probs won't on Thursdays just cause they're so busy for me (work+other daily stuff), and I didn't snap a picturrre of any of my food. Maybs that can just be my like, chill-no-blog-worries day? We shall seeee.


This morning, howeva, I was a good blogger & had my little morning photoshoot! 

SUCH a tasty breakfast! The bowl was a variation of Wednesday's, with 1/3c oat bran, 1/4c wheat bran, 1T peanut butter, ~1/3c almond milk, + 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Drink Powder (I think I made that name up... I kinda forgot what it's called for real.) & I topped it with a fudgie a la Carrie! It was so good I had to tweet about it (: AND OH MY LORD that tea was the best one I've ever had. I picked it up at WF cause I ran out of my other stuff and it's a rooibos -- orange creme & VANILLA. Get at me. I was like... floored by how this good was! I craved it the rest of the day! 
After I left the preschoolers, I was jonesing for some salad bar action. And I caved because, what the hell, it's Friday (FRIIIday gettin' down on FRIIIday). Check out this monnnstaa:
So. Frickin. Tasty.!! And massive... spinach, romaine, roasted corn salad, quinoa, blackbeans, chick peas, red peppers, cukes, chipotle tofu (TOO spicy! had to pick it out!), carrots, & WF's Cucumber+Tomato salad (the best thing they have. Seriously.) And I topped it with the uuusual Annie's Light Honey Mustard. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! After I threw together the salad, I somehow ended up in the freezer section... How did that happen? (; I found this little gem...
How did these end up in my basket?! Oh right. I couldn't resist (: I seeecretly may have had one as my lunch dessert... and it was strawberrybananachocolate bliss, I tell you! So yummm! While I was checking out, I also snagged a KIND bar, which I've never tried before! 
Please ignore my horribly unpainted nails (: it's on my to-do list as soon as this post goes live... along with graduation announcements.... le sigh. Back to the KIND bar! It was super tasty! I ate it with a microwaved+mashed banana+about 1T peanut butter. I cant believe I've never tried any of these before! The coconut was so good in here! I was impressed to say the least (:


Around six, my tummy started grumblin' for dinnnn, so I got to cookin! 
Baked Tofu + Roasted Broccoli + Brown Rice

"Magic Toast" from Chef Katelyn
OH MY GOD. This toast was so. Damn. Good. Seriously I didn't want it to end! Hah it totally outshone my main dinner! I'm thinkin' I know what my dessert is gonna look liiiike!

Alright sweetie pies, I'm gonna peace out for the night. I've got a date with Brendan Brazier (: 

And graduation announcements. Sorry Brendan.

See yall tomorrow! 
Samantha
My questions of zeee daaaay! 
What was/is your graduation like?
I still need to get my dress hemmed... sup 5'2" frame.
Do you have a special 'personal day' of the week?
I just like my weekends! OH. And summer is just one lonnnnng ass weekend!
Have you tried KIND bars?! 
Do I need to try any other kinds?! I loved this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment